Saturday, April 2, 2022

Movie Pics: Don Juan Demarco

Depp, Brando, Dunaway... This all-star combo combined with the Great Francis Ford Coppola, have created a masterpiece lesson of Imagination and Love. This is truly a story of an Awakened Imagination and not about a narcissistic womanizer. If you take the character, and the words that he speaks, and direct them to yourself... Ahhhhh, what a love affair will begin! It makes you ask the question,"What kind of mind is it that could say these things and see the world in this way?" And that is a VERY powerful question! One of our new Favorite movies! Here are some teasers:

  1. “There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love.”
  2. “Have you never met a woman who inspires you to love? Until your every sense is filled with her? You inhale her. You taste her. You see your unborn children in her eyes and know that your heart has at last found a home.”
  3. “What do you know of great love? Have you ever loved a woman until milk leaked from her as though she had just given birth to love itself, and now must feed it or burst? Have you ever tasted a woman until she believed that she could be satisfied only by consuming the tongue that had devoured her? Have you ever loved a woman so completely that the sound of your voice in her ear could cause her body to shudder and explode with such intense pleasure that only weeping could bring her full release?”
  4. “I give women pleasure, if they desire, it is of course the greatest pleasure they will ever experience. No woman has ever left my arms unsatisfied.”
  5. “Every true lover knows that the moment of greatest satisfaction comes when ecstasy is long over and he beholds before him the flower which has blossomed beneath his touch.”
  6. “By seeing beyond what is visible to the eye. Now there are those, of course, who do not share my perceptions, it’s true. When I say that all my woman are dazzling beauties, they object. The nose of this one is too large; the hips of another, they are too wide; perhaps the breasts of a third, they are too small. But I see these women for how they truly are… glorious, radiant, spectacular, and perfect, because, I am not limited by my eyesight. Women react to me the way that they do, Don Octavio, because they sense that I search out the beauty that dwells within until it overwhelms everything else. And then they cannot avoid their desire, to release that beauty and envelope me in it.”
  7. “Every woman is a mystery to be solved.”
  8. "I would say that he has a rather limited and un-creative way of looking at the situation. Look, you want to know if I understand that this is a mental hospital? Yes, I understand that, but then how can I say that you are Don Octavio and I am a guest at your villa? Correct?"

No comments:

Post a Comment