Friday, October 4, 2013

Is Attachment Love?

An even better question: "What is Love?"

Certainly, it is not attachment, but it seems our society prefers responding to attachments rather than asking the deep, the important questions. Or, perhaps, people are just to distracted and busy... trying to figure out the latest version of Windows, or navigate the latest legislations. Here, Krishnamurti puts the question rightly:

"Our relationship is possessiveness, attachment, various forms of intrusion upon each other. What is attachment? Why do we have such tremendous need for attachment? What are the implications of attachment? Why is one attached? When you are attached to anything, there is always fear in it, fear of losing it. There is always a sense of insecurity. Please observe it for yourself. There is always a sense of separation. I am attached to my wife. I am attached to her because she gives me pleasure sexually, gives me pleasure as a companion; you know all this without my telling you. So I am attached to her, which means I am jealous, frightened. Where there is jealousy, there is hatred. And is attachment love? That is one point to note in our relationships". - Krishnamurti, Mind Without Measure, pp 80-81
So, When will you begin to ask the important questions?

We can ask them together, Live!, on LifeStyle Luminaries Radio every Wednesday morning at 9am, Mountain time 917-889-2275.

No comments:

Post a Comment