Thursday, May 19, 2022

What...Is...Love?

Our Wish for you:

"That you may Become Love"

 To know love you must inquire.
Answers are implied in questions, so ask yourself, "What is Love?"

Asking yourself this one question, over and over and over again, is the most trans-formative activity that an individual can engage in. Years ago, I became obsessed with this question, in a way that is impossible to put into words.

I WANTED TO KNOW!

...Was it just a feeling? What was that feeling? Where was I feeling the sensations? What were those sensations? Is it a feeling of possession? of Security? of relief?  Is love pleasure? Is love infatuation? Is it adoration? Is love just an emotion? What is it to "fall" into Love? How does Love work? Are there really different kinds of Love? I love my parents and I love my dog, I love my car, I love certain foods, I love my children and my friends, I love being in nature etc, etc... Is this love all the same? Is love greater for one than another? Are there different levels of Love? What is it to love a country, or maybe a song?
Read More...


That feeling... those sensations, do they apply to things that are are not "my" or "mine" ie; not related to me? Is there anything that is not related to me? Can I love the "un-lovely"? Is there such a thing as the "un-lovely"? Have you noticed that when you are in love, everything seems lovely? How does that work? If I say,"I love you", what do I really mean?

People talk of self-love. Is that a different kind of love? Is love selfish? Is it Self-less? How does one love self?

This obsession lead me to an experience where I actually BECAME Love. This is how you know something spiritually, by becoming it. When you exhaust your intellectual questioning capacity, you open the window that will ALLOW this revelation of truth to enter and have union with you. I could try to tell you in words of the climactic conclusion of this process of inquiry, but it would only lead you to an intellectual understanding of Love, which is empty in comparison to your own spiritual union with this ideal.

If you want to know love, you must become it yourself.

No one can do it for you. We encourage you to endeavor in your own, personal exploration into this powerful question... and become possessed by it! Meditate on it. Be patient, it may take months. Let the question seep into every idle moment of your day... and see what happens! We hope you will share your results with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment